It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:11 am

Post subject: Clash Of Clans info
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:20 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Some basics- I'll keep posting as I remember more items.

You must have a minimum of 10 eligible members for War. You can then do a 'War Search" and CoC will try to match you up with a similar clan. It does it in lots of 5, so sometimes if you have an odd number (38)- 35 of those people will be in the War and the other 3 get left out.

You will notice there is also a War Base- this is because you will want to use different strategies for placing items for War rather than what you may do for Raiding.

There are 3 phases to War: Prep Day (24 hours), Battle Day (24 hours), Results (until you want to start another War)
During Prep day you can donate troops on the War page specifically for Defense in the War- they do not get used up during raiding.
Also plan who is going to take out which bases.
During Battle day- you create your armies/spells (like you would for raiding) and request troops (helps to be specific). You get 2 attacks.
Our clan has a 'within 5 of your rank' rule. Everyone tries to take on their rank, then use their second attack to clean up stars.

Just like in Raiding- you can get a maximum of 3 stars:
1 for the Town Hall
1 for 50% destruction
1 for 100% destruction

(note: by TH9- it gets really hard to 3 star a base, 2 stars is considered a win)

You get loot for winning a base- you also get Bonus loot for winning the War (and it's preettty Good)
Your clan also get XP (more if you win, but some if you lose) As you level you can get neat perks like: donated troops get +1 level.

For troops- our clan practices 'barching' for raids (Barbarians & Archers -with a few wall breakers) because that's what gets you the best loot/elixer spent.
Everyone brings out the big boys (Dragons, Giants, Pekkas, etc) exclusively for War.

Even if you guys don't war to begin with- raiding gets a LOT easier because you can ask for extra troops for raiding.

Post subject: Re: Clash Of Clans info
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:11 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Any tips for us noobs just starting out again for general strategy?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:57 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

The strategy I used from the start and still use for the most part: Plug your phone in and set the screen timeout to never or its max, then raid like crazy against targets you think will pay out. If you stay online nobody can raid you. When you're ready to log, spend it all so you're not worth anybody's time. You'll probably still get raided anyway, but you can't lose very much since it's all spent.

I'm still using a very basic base design, but it's good enough against most enemies that I can save up for expensive buys when needed. Essentially I concede my town hall by putting it outside in the open. If it's destroyed (which means nothing to me until we go to war) I automatically get a 12 hour shield preventing all raids against me. I also surround the most valuable items with multiple walls and leave less essential stuff outside. Unless someone's bringing a sizable army against me they'll run out of juice before they get to the good stuff.

This said, I'm working on a more standard war base (the game allows you to have 3 different setups that you can put into play for whatever situation). I'll also probably build a new home base to replace the current one.

Other noob tips:
* Save all gems and buy another builder asap.
* Don't worry about leveling up because you don't want to face tougher enemies yet. I "lose" most raids but walk away with most of the loot. This keeps me in silver leagues and I'm always going up and down in the rankings.
* Don't worry about "revenge." You're gonna get hit by someone. Who cares who it is.
* My method of keeping the phone active so you can't get raided while you build a pile of loot is great during downtime (binge watching netflix), while playing another game on something else, or even doing housework. You just gotta make sure to touch the phone every few minutes to keep the screen alive while waiting for your army to be built.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:57 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Is it better to level up all your defenses, resources, etc before upgrading your th, or is it better to level your th to get more defenses and resources?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:33 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Skull1 wrote:
Is it better to level up all your defenses, resources, etc before upgrading your th, or is it better to level your th to get more defenses and resources?

Dunno what's best. I didn't rush the town hall and that seemed to work out well for me. I'm at level 9, started playing in April.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:52 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Skull1 wrote:

It is better to wait as long as possible before upgrading your TH. Some players tend to avoid clanmates who 'rushed' as they can't perform at the expected level in wars.

As for good farming bases- the site you posted are good. One idea that works really well is to just put your TH outside of your defenses (protecting your Gold & Elixer as much as possible)- some people are just out for Trophies, and will just use about 4-5 guys to take out your TH. Easy shield an you lose the minimum loot 1k ea gold/elixer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:05 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

What's the best makeup for a raiding force to get resources. I have been using about 40 warriors, 10 archers, 10 goblins, and to Giants. Would it be better to just use a massive force of goblins?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:59 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Skull1 wrote:
What's the best makeup for a raiding force to get resources. I have been using about 40 warriors, 10 archers, 10 goblins, and to Giants. Would it be better to just use a massive force of goblins?

Goblins rule. When I find a good raid target I'm sending in 100-130 of them with some giants to tank the defenses.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:42 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

So is anyone else planning to run with us? Doesn't matter if yer noobs, and we're hoping to get friends of friends to join up to fill out the clan.

Look for "The Mad Monkeys" and MMB in the description. The game doesn't allow me to search for you as individuals.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:57 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

So my youngest kid joined the clan. He didn't tell me he was going to, but he met the reqs, so he's there. Go easy on im, OK Skull?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Lol ok. :p

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:49 am 
Silverback
Silverback

So now with the big update and rule changes, it sounds like you need to put the town hall inside the walls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Skull1 wrote:
So now with the big update and rule changes, it sounds like you need to put the town hall inside the walls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did. I'm also changing my attack strategy and trying different things out. So far so good, but I haven't played defense yet.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:20 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Grabbed from FB:

On FB Iron wrote:
Ok here we go. He said for you guys to leave your clan and either search for ours or enter that number at the top. I will give him your names so he knows who you guys are.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:23 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

I didn't jump ship yet since I'm on vacation and only doing the minimum till I go home. I don't want to get booted from new clan because I look like I don't want to put any effort innit.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:39 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Gotcha. Just let me know when you get a general timeframe and either Skully or I can help ya!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:32 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

It seems to be going well. My noob attacks in 2 clan wars weren't great. One co leader devilsrejects was cool and helpful, the other leader westside wa skins of a dick and wants instant results. They attack often. Every clan war is 2 days, and they were going back to back to back when I first joined. They have paused since finishing one yesterday I dunno why

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:23 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

How many participated in the wars?

Well, I jumped out of MMB. Think I should level up before joining or stay in the gold leagues? I could probably get into the crystal leagues by next week if I made it a goal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:28 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

MrDooo wrote:
How many participated in the wars?

Well, I jumped out of MMB. Think I should level up before joining or stay in the gold leagues? I could probably get into the crystal leagues by next week if I made it a goal.

1st I watched cuz I joined mid war, was 10 ppl, the next 1 I was in was 10, the following was 15, now they added a few more and they just started a 20 ppl....probably less than half are participating. I don't think what league you're in matters, as much as having your troops high leveled or maxed for your town hall lvl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:32 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Here's what the clan list looks like...green mark up for war, red mark sit out
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:59 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFbkz ... VWYk0/view

Time to join the new clan. Will send my request when you say the word, Skull.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:59 am 
Silverback
Silverback

K I'll gather some screenshot and say the word when I see the leaders online

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:02 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Ok Dooo...here's how ya clan war....

Click on the clan war button on the lower left side. It takes you clan side page. At the top it says prep day, and how many hrs left.

Click on your icon, and the. Request, and put in there what you'd like others to donate to you for your clan castle troops for war. These aren't the ones that are in your regular clan castle. These ones stay alive for every clan attack against you.

During the prep window, organize your war base. I suggest looking for plans for clan wars, cuz the layout should be different than normal, depending on the level.

After the prep day, comes 24 hrs of attacks. You have 2 attacks to use. The clan wants you to attack once in the first 12 hrs, at your mirror lvl or 1 or 2 lower. After the 12 hrs, attack again and try and clean up bases that haven't been 3 starred. Use your regular donation requests to get the extra troops you need for attacks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:04 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Update: for those playing coc the clan we were in has merged with another clan from Australia called Melbourne. They seem cool and helpful, and are active in war. Most of the Co's have already moved over, with details left on how to get there, and left their 2nd accts there to keep the old one alive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:56 am 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Sign me up when you get CO. I'm still a month out from having effective TH10 war troops, so they'd see me as "rushed" right now. I'll hang in the old clan space and keep building.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:03 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Np, I won't get co there for a long time I think, but lemme know when you're ready and we'll get ya in. They're very cool, but definitely war driven. Them being mostly from Australia, makes it kinda cool, because someone is usually in, no matter what time of day or night, because of the 15 difference

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:51 am 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

So when ya comin back? I here it's not so great on the other side.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:11 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

I couldn't play for a bit. When I came back they kicked me out. So I stopped playing.

Home