It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Rock Band DLC Update Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:27 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

The official RB DLC blows this week, BUT I just got Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis from the Rock Band Network store and it's pretty damn fun to play.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Zannon wrote:
The official RB DLC blows this week, BUT I just got Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis from the Rock Band Network store and it's pretty damn fun to play.

keyboardin?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:09 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

1/15 DLC Rick Springfield 2/3 pack (Jesse's Girl is in Blitz). They're really pulling out all the stops for the last of the DLC. They're going to be hard pressed to find another musician that I care less about than Rick Springfield:

Quote:
Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl” O X
Rick Springfield – “I’ve Done Everything For You” X
Rick Springfield – “Don’t Talk to Strangers” O

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am 
Silverback
Silverback

What if it was Jonathan Coulton singing his hit French song "Je suis Rick Springfield"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:39 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
What if it was Jonathan Coulton singing his hit French song "Je suis Rick Springfield"?

THAT would kick ass. I'm kinda hoping he releases that song next week to go with this pack. He's released half that album already on Rock Band Network.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Zannon wrote:
Zanshin wrote:

THAT would kick ass. I'm kinda hoping he releases that song next week to go with this pack. He's released half that album already on Rock Band Network.

It would be pretty great. But he's like always on tour somewhere. Dunno who he has doing that RBN stuff for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

1/22 DLC - More Blitz songs that we already got once already...this time with some pro upgrades.

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson – “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)”
Living Colour – “Cult of Personality” X
Quiet Riot – “Bang Your Head (Metal Health)”
Soundgarden – “Spoonman” X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

1/29/13 DLC...after several weeks of let downs and songs we already had:

Quote:
Aerosmith 6 pack:

Aerosmith – “Walk This Way”
Aerosmith – “Sweet Emotion”
Aerosmith – “Back in the Saddle”
Aerosmith – “Dream On (Live)”
Aerosmith – “Legendary Child”
Aerosmith – “Lover Alot”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 am 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Those'd be fun to play. Rock Band seems to have an effect on music that I never want to hear again...but play, ya.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:05 am 
Silverback
Silverback

too bad no one has heard of the last 2 songs...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Skull1 wrote:
too bad no one has heard of the last 2 songs...

Yeah, those two last songs are off of their universally hated latest album. I'm not an Aerosmith fan, but I can think of about 20 songs that would have been better that those.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:05 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

2/12 DLC - Valentines Day singles:

Quote:
Extreme – “More Than Words”
Nazareth – “Love Hurts”
Peter Cetera – “Glory of Love”
REO Speedwagon – “Keep On Loving You”
Soft Cell – “Tainted Love”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:54 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

2/19 DLC - More songs from Blitz:

Quote:
Barenaked Ladies – One Week
Collective Soul – Shine
Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More ‘Touch Me’

Only two more weeks of Blitz singles and three more weeks of regular DLC unitl, presumably the DLC dries up. We'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Well, it is now official, April 2nd is the end of Rock Band DLC.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/rock-band-announcement-new-dlcreleases-ending-in-april

Quote:
As you may have seen in our recent announcement regarding the release of Rock Band Blitz tracks as singles, Rock Band DLC production has gradually slowed over the past five years. We have managed to maintain a consistent release schedule for a staggering 275 consecutive weeks, releasing over 4,000 songs for the Rock Band Platform, but in recent months we’ve scaled production down as we’ve transitioned resources onto other projects. With several new titles in development and developers needed to usher these new games along, April 2nd will be the last weekly DLC release for Rock Band.

While there is no content currently scheduled beyond April 2nd, we still have DLC releases lined up for the next few weeks, including the remaining tracks from Rock Band Blitz, several Pro Guitar upgrades, and a handful of artists who have not yet appeared in Rock Band. We’re incredibly proud of the DLC milestones we’ve set, especially producing the largest music library of any game available, and we wouldn’t have been able to release as much outstanding content without the support of our amazing community. As thanks to the community, we’re going to continue the ongoing DLC sale of 50% off over 1,100 songs so fans can continue to build their personal libraries from our back catalog.

We hope that you’ll all agree that this has been a tremendous run, and you should know it’s a ride that we at Harmonix have been thrilled to be a part of. We’re going to continue to support the forums and RockBand.com and hope to still see you rocking out online, in photos of Rock Band parties shared on

Twitter and Facebook, or here on the forums. Whether you waited in line for a midnight release of Rock Band over 5 years ago, or you just joined the party with Rock Band Blitz… whether you’ve downloaded every single song we’ve ever released, or you’ve just played on disc songs until your neighbors moved away… whether you’re a metal shredder, or a bubblegum pop singer… thank you for being a part of our band.

So, this week is Blitz singles, and then there's two more weeks of Blitz singles on 3/5 and 3/19 which means we only have 4 weeks of new DLC before it ends. One of the Harmonix guys said that each week of the remaining new DLC will be 5 to 6 songs. Anybody want to guess if it will be going out with a bang or a whisper? Personally, I think we're gonna get some long rumored stuff that never surfaced (Not that I think that what we'll get will be anywhere near this good, but we can hope, we can rule out Aerosmith and Metallica songs since those are still in their Guitar Hero exclusive period until after April 2nd):

So, here's what I predict:

Pearl Jam 5 Pack
Better Man
Daughter
Animal
Rearview Mirror
Yellow Leadbetter

A week of Random Singles:
Gin Blossoms – Hey Jealousy
Midnight Oil – Beds are Burning
The Killers – Here With Me
Celldweller - Switchback
Duran Duran - Ordinary World
Foo Fighters - Bridge Burning

The Rolling Stones 6 Pack
Satisfaction
Sympathy for the Devil
Get Off Of My Cloud
Let’s Spend the Night Together
Ruby Tuesday
It’s Only Rock and Roll

And a final encore pack of singles on April 2nd
Goyte – Somebody I Used to Know
The Doors – The End
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Ozzy Osborne – Goodbye to Romance
Train - 50 Ways to say Goodbye
Don MacLean - American Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

I predict bang - 20 fat Elvis songs.

Hopefully there are some good surprises. I like the Stones pack idea. But I can't get no satisfaction without Zeppelin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:40 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

I am 99.9% sure the final track will be American Pie, they've had several hints over the past few months. The other ones I'm confident about are the Pearl Jam pack that will probably be all live versions (they licensed a TON of Pearl Jam songs around the time Beatles came out and they never came out because they were supposed to get their own live game like AC/DC did), and the Midnight Oil song, the Celldweller song, and Satisfaction by The Stones. Beds are Burning showed up in a leak a few months back along with a bunch of songs that did come out and then the band Celldweller tweated a pic of the contents of a disk entitled "Switchback stems for Rock Band" back in December. Satisfaction showed up as being licensed for Rock Band in some music trade magazine about a year ago. The rest of my pics are pure speculation, but would make sense given past DLC. Like the Foo Fighters song, there has to be at least one moe Foo Fighters song released since Dave Grohl has been such a big supporter of Rock Band since RB1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

On the other hand, I'd love to see a bunch of 3 packs from bands that have been under represented in the game instead of larger packs...like three from the Stones, 3 from Duran Duran, 3 from Black Sabbath that aren't covers, Muse, One Republic, Snow Patrol, Radiohead, and Smashing Pumpkins, Tears for Fears, and Barenaked Ladies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

OoOOOOOOooh I like Celldweller.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Ok, to be further shitty, the last songs for Rock Band are all going to be singles. NO packs, so most likely DLC is ending with 10 singles over the next 5 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

2/26 DLC - 4 singles, pretty decent selection and I get my parting gift from Rock Band...finally some Queensryche, not one of the songs I really wanted, but I'll take it. Harmonies will be fun on it.

Quote:
The Flys – “Got You (Where I Want You)" X
Queensrÿche – “Silent Lucidity” O
Staind – “It’s Been Awhile”
Staind – “So Far Away” O

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

3/12 DLC: After this week there's only 3 weeks of new DLC left and only two of those weeks will have non-blitz songs.

Quote:
Oingo Boingo – Weird Science *
Toto – Rosanna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Final DLC on 4/2/13 confirmed tonight on the Harmonix Live Stream from Pax:

Quote:
American Pie - Don McLean

9am tomorrow they'll announce the final 3-pack to be released on 3/26. Rumors are suggesting it's Chavelle, which is only cool becuase they're a Chicago band, but sucks for me because I'm really not a fan and I think they're just a Tool ripoff (which is another band I'm not a fan of).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Yep...3/26 DLC is a pack I really couldn't give two shits about:

Quote:
Chevelle – Send the Pain Below
Chevelle – The Red *
Chevelle – Face to the Floor

What a pisser. They were the 21st most requested band AND from Chicago and I've never heard of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 am 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Now that they're done I guess it's time to add another project to a long list: Make "Rock Band Zeppelin" using the RBN tools. I wonder if you can distro via torrent...

In reality, it's a project I'd love to do but will never have time for. I'm wondering if someone's already made this and I just haven't looked at back alley channels to find it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

MrDooo wrote:
Now that they're done I guess it's time to add another project to a long list: Make "Rock Band Zeppelin" using the RBN tools. I wonder if you can distro via torrent...

In reality, it's a project I'd love to do but will never have time for. I'm wondering if someone's already made this and I just haven't looked at back alley channels to find it yet.

I'm guessing that if that existed anywhere the guys from Zeppelin would sue the people responsible into the stone age. Apparently, the Harmonix folks revealed Jimmy Page's response to the pitch for a Led Zeppelin Rock Band they sent him at Pax East today. It was a piece of paper that was mailed back to them that read "Fuck Off" and it was signed by Jimmy Page. Pretty classy.

Last edited by Zannon on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Lol I'd have it framed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:27 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

The more I think about Harmonix's decision to stop not only Rock Band DLC but Dance Central DLC as well, the more I start to develop a tin foil hat conspiracy theory about the whole thing. Every week that DLC comes out for those games, that DLC is usually in the top 10 downloads for 360 for at least 2 weeks after that, yet thet stop DLC. They have no other games out or even hinted at coming out in the near future. Now, I know that mose of the DLC that they've licensed since the release of RB3 can be used for any future Rock Band releases regardless of platform.

That all being said, if they found out that the could not make the current Rock Band DLC playable on the PS4 and the new XBox, I think that it would make sense to stop DLC before the new system is released and let a bit of demand grow for new songs. Then when you release a new game on a new system 2 years down the road, you'll have less backlash from fans, you can raise the price of the DLC, and you can re-release the older DLC for the new game and look like a hero rather than a villain. If they rode out the 360 and PS3 until the new system came out and continued to release new songs for it and then just stopped and announced a new game for the next Gen with higher priced DLC and a need to re-buy DLC you already had, people would be pissed. This way they have a 2+ year buffer in between the end of the current game and the start of the new and they can drum up interest in a new game.

We'll see, I might have my tinfoil hat on too tight, but it seems strange for a game company to be in existance called Harmonix MUSIC SYSTEMS with no plans for any new games in the future, let alone music games.

And they should ditch the idea of pro guitar in the future, it was a great idea with a price point that was too high and it requires too much practice to make it fun. Stick with the fun factor rather than the pro factor for the next round and they should be better off. At least in my mind. The pro drums and pro keys made sense, the pro guitar and bass just was too damn expensive and too hard to get anywhere with unless you already play.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:40 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

the stopping of dlc, no plans for a new game, along with next gen consoles coming out soon is quite a coincidence...

i mean then wtf are they doing over there at harmonix? just keeping people employed doing nothing?

btw did everyone else get their email the other day that their website got hacked?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:49 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Sound theory, Zannon.

Quote:
pro guitar...too hard to get anywhere with unless you already play.

I'm not on expert yet, and still running in training mode...but I'll let you know if I agree on that one a little later. I've burnt through several medium weight picks and broken a string, but so far I'm happy with my slightly sore and calloused left index finger.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:30 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

MrDooo wrote:
Sound theory, Zannon.

Quote:
pro guitar...too hard to get anywhere with unless you already play.

I'm not on expert yet, and still running in training mode...but I'll let you know if I agree on that one a little later. I've burnt through several medium weight picks and broken a string, but so far I'm happy with my slightly sore and calloused left index finger.

I meant that comment in the context of playing the game. I don't see pro guitar being very "Rock Band Night Friendly". If you want a single player experience, it seems like it'd be fine, but not very compatable with sitting around and having fun with the game with friends. Plus they also said that the pro upgrades haven't sold well at all...ever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Pretty good theory, but the idea that they have nothing planned is silly.

They are working on new shit, you can be guaranteed of that. They just haven't announced any plans to the public.

There is one other theory which you're not considering: It is no longer profitable for them to license music and put it in DLC due to waning popularity of the game titles. Regardless of its placement in the Top 10 list, if they are only moving 10,000 copies of the DLC, and they owe like $10k/song in licensing fees, they're not making any money/losing money. And while they probably shop for bulk discounts on licensing fees for songs, $10k/song is actually fairly cheap to license a popular title, regardless of how old it is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Beatles RB anniversary giveaway:

Quote:
To celebrate the anniversary of the 9/9/09 release we’re giving away 9,000 free songs, codes good for either TB:RB DLC or regular Rock Band song downloads! Click here for more info:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j5HjWx ... Y/viewform

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:16 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Mah gawd that's a lotta songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:47 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

wut? new music?

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discuss ... eys#latest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:59 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

MrDooo wrote:

Hot piss!! It's about time (plus you beat me to posting this...you magnificent bastard!)

Quote:
Arctic Monkeys – “R U Mine?”
Avenged Sevenfold – “Shepherd Of Fire”
Foo Fighters – “Something From Nothing”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:19 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Harmonix verified on their podcast that this is not the return of regular DLC, but there are more Rock Band surprises coming.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:04 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Zannon wrote:
Harmonix verified on their podcast that this is not the return of regular DLC, but there are more Rock Band surprises coming.

I want "Rock Band 4" to be a thing, but not if I have to buy a new console for it :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

More new songs today...2/17. Nothing earth shattering, but better than nothing:
Quote:
Tenacious D – “Rize Of The Fenix”
Weezer – “Back To The Shack”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Home