It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: FUCKIN A...ChicaGOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Aw man, those guys rule :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Forte reaches 4 year/$32mm deal with Bears.

No link cuz I'm sitting in a bar and just saw it on TV.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:12 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
Forte reaches 4 year/$32mm deal with Bears.

No link cuz I'm sitting in a bar and just saw it on TV.

Eh. I guess it was the fair move. Maybe not the wisest I think, but at least fair to Forte.

Forte is, regretably, a victim of bad timing. 2 years at the franchise tag was the smartest thing the bears could have done because forte's value is in flux right now. Unless he's superman, he most likely doesnt have the mileage left to be a pro-bowl producer for 4 years and with the dramatic shift in the Bears offense (heavy on reciever), half of his upside (recieving) is, at best, diminished. They should have tagged him, waited to see how it all played out this year and then signed/dealt him depending on how the new offense meshed.

Note, I'm not saying he shouldn't be a highly valued (read: paid) player somewhere...just that maybe Chicago isn't the best place for him anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

I respectfully disagree in that not only can he receive, but he is still an unignorable threat on the ground. You need a few great running plays to throw off the secondary or your passing game is gonna get boned.

I have faith in Forte. I like this guy. He has heart. He's gonna run your socks off this season :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

I think this is a good thing, because also there's nobody to pick up at this point, and learn the system, before preseason starts in a few weeks

Forte is a good player, and will be even better once cutler isn't on his ass all the time and the receivers are a better threat....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:37 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
I respectfully disagree in that not only can he receive, but he is still an unignorable threat on the ground. You need a few great running plays to throw off the secondary or your passing game is gonna get boned.

I have faith in Forte. I like this guy. He has heart. He's gonna run your socks off this season :)

Who was New York's superstar running back? Who was New England's? Or Green Bay's? And where did Minnesota end up last year? Tennesee? Houston?

I get what you're saying about needing to run in order to pass, but no, you don't NEED a stud running back. It's a nice commodity to have, to be sure, but the new game of football is not a running game, and that's a fact. Maybe I'm being anecdotal, but look at the teams with offenses that get shit done. A great RB is not a requirement.

And believe me, I like Forte, too. Dude played a Pro Bowl seaon on 600k. Came back from an injury to play in the pro bowl as a matter of pride. He's like the first guy ever to have so many recieving AND rushing yards in his first 4 yers. I know he's good. I just don't like the amount of dollars that are now devoted to the RB position when the rest of the team is riddled with holes. A position whose importance, I believe, has diminished not only in this league, but also on this team.

If Forte has a killer season and the bears win 12 games because of his contributions, I'll happily eat crow. His skills could mesh entirely with a pass oriented offense, I don't know. I just think that with the availability of the franchise tag, this was the perfect situation to use it. I believe Forte's enough of a professional that he would have continued to perform at the highest level he was able under the tag. Both sides should be able to act like business is business and not be villified for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:42 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Skull1 wrote:
Forte is a good player, and will be even better once cutler isn't on his ass all the time and the receivers are a better threat....

100% true, except our O-line is unchanged from last year. Yes, a receiver that isn't terrible will help. Carimi coming back should be huge. His injury history makes me wonder if he's the next John Tait.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:14 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

FUCKIN A...ChicaGOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

MrDooo wrote:
FUCKIN A...ChicaGOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS

More like WTFucken a....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

I only got to see/hear parts of the game but :wtf:

To go from destroying indy (though they suck) to getting destroyed and play like shit...

4 int's....and I dunno how many sacks???

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:55 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

They played a real team. Indy doesn't have a spectacular defense. The Packers may not be tops in the league but they are well coached enough to deal with an elite receiver that doesn't have great hands and a QB that fucking really sucks ass. Sorry. Jay Cutler is one of those guys I put on the exclude list in my draft. Like LT Steve, he sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. Maybe he should see if the Wilfred Brimley commercial scene is ready for the new face of diabeetus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:47 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

That was a fucking train wreck.

Also, I'm glad the that officiating crew was so terrible. Maybe now they will get actual referees back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Carpetbagger wrote:

Also, I'm glad the that officiating crew was so terrible. Maybe now they will get actual referees back.

The O-Line is not fixed. They just cannot handle even a simple stunt. Cutler isn't amazing, but give him a pocket for 3 seconds and he can throw accurately.

Reason I quoted: THOSE FUCKING REFS. Holy shit their HORRIBLE officiating was worth at least 10 of that 20 point spread. 12 men on the field? When the twelfth man was OBVIOUSLY out of bounds by the time the ball was hiked? Really? And evidently landing on a ball and using the field to help you control it is now allowable. I mean come the fuck ON. These are things that are OBVIOUS ON VIDEO. They are blowing calls IN REVIEW.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:49 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:

The O-Line is not fixed. They just cannot handle even a simple stunt. Cutler isn't amazing, but give him a pocket for 3 seconds and he can throw accurately.

Reason I quoted: THOSE FUCKING REFS. Holy shit their HORRIBLE officiating was worth at least 10 of that 20 point spread. 12 men on the field? When the twelfth man was OBVIOUSLY out of bounds by the time the ball was hiked? Really? And evidently landing on a ball and using the field to help you control it is now allowable. I mean come the fuck ON. These are things that are OBVIOUS ON VIDEO. They are blowing calls IN REVIEW.

Don't get me wrong...the refs didn't lose that game for them, cutler forcing throws because he was about to get murdered did. Webb needs to go. Guy can't stop a nosebleed.

Also, AJ hawk is still a cunt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:03 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/criticism- ... 25z;_ylv=3

I think you guys know I don't exactly care for Jay Cutler. I mean I have hinted at it in the past. It really has nothing to do with the Bears. I just can't stand the fucktard. Apparently the Bears can't either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

$10 says he asks to be traded after this season is over.

I honestly wish he'd stop acting like such a fucking baby. I get that being sacked 7 times sucks. I get that your O-line sucks. But being Pouty McBitchyface over on the sidelines doesn't help inspire anyone.

Really glad I never decided to buy a J Cutty jersey.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:10 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

I hope someone finishes him off before the end of the season. I can't take 15 more weeks of this shit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:29 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... utler.html

Gotta love it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Story is probably fake, but the picture is priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Drunk247 wrote:
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/09/a-very-jay-cutler-encounter-with-jay-cutler.html

Gotta love it.

On ESPN 1000, on the Carmen, Jurko, and Harry Show, they have a spot called "DON'T CARE" where they do that exact same thing while talking about stupid non-headlines. It's actually kind of funny.

Also, I find no fault in that response...dude was drunk AND taking a piss. I shouldn't hear another dude's voice when my hand is on a dick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:18 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

I don't like it when people talk to me in the latrine either. WTF is up with that dog?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Since cutler always has a smirk on his face, he's become the latest internet meme (thabks to espn pregame)

http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:47 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Skull1 wrote:
Since cutler always has a smirk on his face, he's become the latest internet meme (thabks to espn pregame)

http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/

:lmao: I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

That is fucking priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:48 pm 
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
 WWW  Profile

Holy 1st Q.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:23 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

MrDooo wrote:
Holy 1st Q.

Holy Peanut Tillman.

DAMN I need some jerseys now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

holy shit...I had to be stuck in LAX and flying during the entire game :madburn:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Missed the scoring bonanza of the first quarter and practically shit myself when I saw the score on ESPN.

Turned it on and proceeded to watch the Bears offense SUCK COMPLETE DICK (despite a flash or 2 from Cutler/Marshall) for 3 quarters.

Like it or not, the Bears wins have come against absolute peons, what with their combined 17 wins. The season starts for real next week against the Texans followed by San Francisco...and I don't have high hopes. I'm sure that the defense will show up, but I'm also fairly certain our offense will be spotty and disjointed...ok against a team like Tennessee, what with their worst in the nfl defense. Not ok against legitimate playoff teams. This is 2005 all over again. Different names, same dance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 am 
Silverback
Silverback

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

Quote:
2. Chicago Bears (7-1)
Last week: 3

In the first quarter of their 51-20 win over the Tennessee Titans, the Bears scored a touchdown on a blocked punt, an interception, a running play and a passing play. That was the first time in NFL history that had happened. The Bears also have seven interception returns for touchdowns through eight games, which is also an NFL first. This defense is pretty special, folks, and will give the Houston Texans all they can handle on Sunday night.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am 
Silverback
Silverback

The picture and caption that goes with that is absolutely fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Cutlet leaves game with concussion.

Nice to see another playoff season end on a jay cutler injury. The high hit was a nice touch.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Carpetbagger wrote:

Nice to see another playoff season end on a jay cutler injury. The high hit was a nice touch.

What was nice was how the absolute shit officiating let them have that Cutler injury for free. That call plus the "down by contact" call on both of Jennings's interception returns cost us the game.

I've said it before, and I'll say it gain, "down by contact" needs to be changed to "down by intentional contact." Because these "I tackled you with the shoelaces on my shoe when I was face down in the turf eating worms" calls are seriously hurting the game. I still can't see where Jennings was touched after slamming into the Briggs wall, and I'm watching this shit in HD.

Oh well. There goes the season. Again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:32 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:

What was nice was how the absolute shit officiating let them have that Cutler injury for free. That call plus the "down by contact" call on both of Jennings's interception returns cost us the game.

I've said it before, and I'll say it gain, "down by contact" needs to be changed to "down by intentional contact." Because these "I tackled you with the shoelaces on my shoe when I was face down in the turf eating worms" calls are seriously hurting the game. I still can't see where Jennings was touched after slamming into the Briggs wall, and I'm watching this shit in HD.

I'm a Cubs fan so I am cool just ignoring the rest of the season and waiting til next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:

Yeah, I know there were some bad calls last night, but I didn't want to harp on it too much. Honestly, the game shouldn't have been that close. The defense did it's thing early like they usually do and the offense did it's thing (read: sucked) like it usually does...bad calls or not, they deserved to lose that game.

What bugs me though is that we still don't know what kind of team we have. This game was supposed to be the litmus test and it was a shit weather game. And if I hear someone say "Bear weather" one more time, I'll punch them. Every crappy weather game is a crap shoot, regardless of who is playing.

I still don't know if the bears are a playoff caliber team or just pretenders beating up on weaklings. Any news on how long cutler's expected to be out? I'm guessing 3-4 weeks, minimum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

like one of the announcers said, the texans played bears football better than the bears did

we got outplayed

there was some good stuff here n there, but four turnovers in the first half won't win any games, and if cutler had managed to stay in the game, I'm sure we could've even had a chance with that close score, but who knows now

good article for what comes next for Cutler
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/ ... concussion

Quote:
"We're hopeful (that Cutler is available next week), but can't go that far," Smith said. "I just know he had symptoms, which started clearing up after the (first) half. But when a guy doesn't finish the game, you just have to go with that right now."

Standard protocol suggests Cutler will be evaluated this week with a brain function test called ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing). The league has required players to establish baseline tests of brain function since 2007.

The computerized testing utilizes memory and recognition exercises to help measure recovery from a concussion. So there's a chance Cutler's availability could be in jeopardy for next week's game against the San Francisco 49ers, who lost their quarterback Alex Smith on Sunday to a concussion in an overtime loss to the St. Louis Rams.

Medical personnel compare the scores from the original baseline test to the one administered after a concussion to make a determination on whether to clear a player.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:56 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

from 6-1 to 8-6
I blame Kutcher for losing to the packers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

So i have no love for Mike Tice, but I'm sure Lovie's getting the axe after this season.

The unfortunate reality is it doesn't matter who coaches a team that can't get a roster of players thanks to the stingy owners.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:17 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
The unfortunate reality is it doesn't matter who coaches a team that can't get a roster of players thanks to the stingy owners.

Bullshit. You guys are in the top half of the league almost every year in salaries and are very close to what the Steelers pay every year. Your woes have far more to do with paying too much to certain players. Your front office doesn't do a great job of building a team. They buy players for positions but don't look at how the entire team should function as a unit.

The teams in the playoffs this year are fairly spread out in the money department with about half above the median and half below in total salary expenditure. Putting the right people in the right places is far more important than lavish salaries.

Spend money smartly and you build a good team. Squander it on a few and ignore the deficiencies on your coaching staff and you lose. New England is regularly near the bottom of the salary spectrum. They are competitive every year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Er, I think your logic is sound regarding player strats, but I just looked back 7 years, and for 3 of those years the Bears were in the bottom 10 of total team salaries (2011, 2005, and I forget what the other year was. This forum's typing field doesn't hold text if you go to another tab in Safari).

JUST SAYIN, YO.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:08 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

From what I see you go back to 2000 and there are three years you aren't in the top half in salary. One of those 3 years you were in the Superbowl and another you were in the divisional round of the playoffs. Last year was an anomaly for you being that low and not making the playoffs. I am just saying that your payroll doesn't correlate to wins/losses. That is what I am calling BS on. Your front office sucks but not because they don't pay money.

http://www.osmguy.com/2012/09/2012-nfl- ... s-by-team/

12-13 number 13 salary in the league. record 10-6

http://www.osmguy.com/2011/12/2011-nfl- ... s-by-team/

11-12 number 26 salary in the league. record 8-8

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... alary-cap/

10-11 number 11 salary in the league. record 11-5 lost conf champ

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/ ... /team/2000

09-10 number 5 salary in the league. record 7-9
08-09 number 10 salary in the league. record 9-7
07-08 number 11 salary in the league. record 7-9
06-07 number 24 salary in the league. record 13-3 made the Superbowl. Actually proves my point about salaries...
05-06 number 22 salary in the league. record 11-5 again... less is more. Lost divisional round.
04-05 number 12 salary in the league. record 5-11
03-04 number 8 salary in the league. record 7-9
02-03 number 11 salary in the league. record 4-12
01-02 number 12 salary in the league. record 13-3 divisional playoff
00-01 number 7 salary in the league. record 5-11

More statistical analysis about payrolls:

http://www.smartdraw.com/Blog/archive/2 ... yroll.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Not trying to argue, but the year we made the Superbowl was also a notoriously bad year for NFC teams.

Also, I don't WANT Lovie to get fired. I just want Tice fired :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Zanshin wrote:
Not trying to argue, but the year we made the Superbowl was also a notoriously bad year for NFC teams.

Also, I don't WANT Lovie to get fired. I just want Tice fired :)

I get that. I don't think Lovie is the issue. I think your recruiting of personnel to fit the roles AND play as a team is shitty. Not sure if this Tice guy is the one in charge of that but if so, he sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Tice is the offensive coordinator.

He's the one who has consistently called 6 WR screens in one game (this last one vs the Lions), and is the guy responsible for wasting a WR slot on Devin Hester. Or his favorite, the Hester WR reverse that has NEVER WORKED.

I just don't drink his "play calling magic." Like the reason the Bears are getting good on offense (when it works) is due to good player interaction. The play calling has been pure crap. I don't get why people think he's that amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 pm 
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey

Ahh. BTW, I am on pain meds tonight (broke a toe Thursday and decided to try out the pain meds that they gave me for the kidney stones since I never used them and they were taking up space) and I realized that my judgement is severely impaired. So I may be completely wrong about everything I have written here. Didn't hit me until I went to stand up a few minutes ago and the room started spinning.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Drunk247 wrote:
Ahh. BTW, I am on pain meds tonight (broke a toe Thursday and decided to try out the pain meds that they gave me for the kidney stones since I never used them and they were taking up space) and I realized that my judgement is severely impaired. So I may be completely wrong about everything I have written here. Didn't hit me until I went to stand up a few minutes ago and the room started spinning.

Ha ha ha no I seriously think your take on the front office is spot on.

Last edited by Zanshin on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

I don't think I've ever been keen on head coaches that sucked, turning into assistant coaches...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

They'd better not fire Rod though. Jesus what a mistake that would be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 pm 
Silverback
Silverback

Zanshin wrote:
They'd better not fire Rod though. Jesus what a mistake that would be.

that is true

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:01 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Lovie's gone: http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/- ... -73818010/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 am 
Silverback
Silverback

Zanshin wrote:

The Bears better hire Bill Cowher. He would be fucking perfect and he's a winner! And he has a mustache!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next

Home