It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:11 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 8827
Zanshin wrote:
Yeah I totally wouldn't be caught dead driving one either.

/EPIC EYEROLL :roll:


I am glad you understand.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
LL Cool Jabe wrote:
Zanshin wrote:
Yeah I totally wouldn't be caught dead driving one either.

/EPIC EYEROLL :roll:


I am glad you understand.


It also has pointy knees.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:22 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
Lamborghini

aventador

cop car


Image

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
GM's new subcompact electric car

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/ ... ews&rpc=43

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:41 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 5509
Skull1 wrote:



"Less than 25,000 AFTER ACCOUNTING FOR 7,500 DOLLAR FEDERAL TAX CREDIT"

Seriously. Eat a fat dick. 32,500 for an tiny hybrid is still too much when a brand new prius MSRP's for the low 20's.

_________________
Image
Flavor 'poons! BURSTING with flavor!


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
Carpetbagger wrote:
Skull1 wrote:



"Less than 25,000 AFTER ACCOUNTING FOR 7,500 DOLLAR FEDERAL TAX CREDIT"

Seriously. Eat a fat dick. 32,500 for an tiny hybrid is still too much when a brand new prius MSRP's for the low 20's.


And for a car that can only go 80 miles on a charge. Fuck that. I'll wait for Tesla's 25k sedan that does 240mi/charge, thanks.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 5509
Zanshin wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:
Skull1 wrote:



"Less than 25,000 AFTER ACCOUNTING FOR 7,500 DOLLAR FEDERAL TAX CREDIT"

Seriously. Eat a fat dick. 32,500 for an tiny hybrid is still too much when a brand new prius MSRP's for the low 20's.


And for a car that can only go 80 miles on a charge. Fuck that. I'll wait for Tesla's 25k sedan that does 240mi/charge, thanks.


And in the winter up here, you can expect maybe 60 or 70. I appreciate that they are committed to bringing this tech to market, but shit man. Get your science shit on them nanotube batteries or whatever the fuck you guys keep posting in that thread about batteries. Fuck, if you've got the balls to price a subcompact above 30k, then put out a goddamn fuel cell sedan at 50k.

_________________
Image
Flavor 'poons! BURSTING with flavor!


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
Making low end electrics is just pointless right now. The tech isn't there. They suck ass. A tesla model S base at $50-60k might not be attainable but at least its worthwhile. A shitty low range spark? Fuck that.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
TheRulesLawyer wrote:
Making low end electrics is just pointless right now. The tech isn't there. They suck ass. A tesla model S base at $50-60k might not be attainable but at least its worthwhile. A shitty low range spark? Fuck that.


That's what I'm saying. Tesla has shown on their road map (and I think Elon admitted/stated) they're working towards a $25-35k family sedan pricepoint. After the S comes the SUV (I forget the model letter) which I think will land around $50-60k, then the family sedan next, and I bet by then their next car is the budget battery car for $15-20. The SUV is 2014 I think, which means the Sedan will be 2015 or 16. Budget battery only Tesla cars on the road by 2020.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:47 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
Ok Chris Brown recently had West Coast Customs pimp up his lambo


his choice of paint?



1980's Hot Wheels

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:21 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:47 am
Posts: 1940
I'm probably in the minority here (I'm an 80's kid), but I really like it.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
There is like 800 kinds of wrong going on in that top photo.

Chris Brown
Horrible paint job
Waste of money.
Some asshole throwing "The Shocker."

I could go on, but Chris Brown counts for 796 kinds of wrong.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:02 pm 
Offline
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:16 pm
Posts: 7588
Location: Chicago / Aurora
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
MrDooo wrote:
Image


Now, imagine paying a half million dollars and that's what you get.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
The whole point of a car like that is to stand out. That paint job sure stands out. I'm not a huge fan though. I rather liked the tiger striped one that was in some commercials recently.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
they spelled my name wrong on the side....motherfuckers

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
speaking of Tesla

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsk ... r=yahootix

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 am 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
WTF GM!!!

the 2016 camaro...why did they ruin a cool looking car???!?

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:50 am 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
They seriously need to stop taking notes from Dodge on how to ass up the nose of a car.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
That car has no style.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 8827
I think it could look better in black.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
It's the same fucking front of every other Chevy, from the Malibu to the volt to whatever.... Wtf

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:48 pm 
Offline
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:16 pm
Posts: 7588
Location: Chicago / Aurora
Skull1 wrote:
It's the same fucking front of every other Chevy, from the Malibu to the volt to whatever.... Wtf


Maybe they hired Pontiac's old designers.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
batshit crazy new lamborghini concept car...the egoista

in fact i think it looks like batman's lamborghini

http://jalopnik.com/in-defense-of-the-b ... -503569711
(more pics at link but here's a taste)

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:56 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
It's the Mach 5!


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 4132
It looks like it could baffle radar guns.

_________________
“You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!"
"It has happened! I watched it happen! I saw it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen!"
"I never asked who gave the order! Because it had nothing to do with business!"


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
WTF is with the HUD with an aiming reticle?

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 4132
TheRulesLawyer wrote:
WTF is with the HUD with an aiming reticle?


Grill splits open for Gatling gun shots. Jason's car from Battle of the Planets/Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.

_________________
“You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!"
"It has happened! I watched it happen! I saw it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen!"
"I never asked who gave the order! Because it had nothing to do with business!"


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:44 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
Keer wrote:
TheRulesLawyer wrote:
WTF is with the HUD with an aiming reticle?


Grill splits open for Gatling gun shots. Jason's car from Battle of the Planets/Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.


He was my favorite guy on that show!

and yes...to remove any car that gets in its way down the road...

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 4132
Skull1 wrote:
Keer wrote:
TheRulesLawyer wrote:
WTF is with the HUD with an aiming reticle?


Grill splits open for Gatling gun shots. Jason's car from Battle of the Planets/Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.


He was my favorite guy on that show!

and yes...to remove any car that gets in its way down the road...



That show needs to come back and/or that cancelled movie needs to be uncancelled. They had the meanest attitudes of any animated heroes I can remember, haha.

_________________
“You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!"
"It has happened! I watched it happen! I saw it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen!"
"I never asked who gave the order! Because it had nothing to do with business!"


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
Keer wrote:
That show needs to come back and/or that cancelled movie needs to be uncancelled. They had the meanest attitudes of any animated heroes I can remember, haha.


I really loved G-Force. And I DO mean G-Force, not Gatchaman. I've tried to watch it, and it just doesn't have the same connection to my childhood. I could do without the Hanna Barbera animated footage, but I loved the voices with the original footage.

Man, those faces. SO FOCUSED.

ImageImage


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 4132
They look like they didn't kick enough ass last mission and now it's time for extra credit. The attitude is even in their helmets. How can you look sincerely happy through a visor that could shave dry ice? Keyop once chipped his sternum from nodding 'Yes' too eagerly. And they all just rolled their eyes at him! Ok, that didn't happen but it could have.

_________________
“You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!"
"It has happened! I watched it happen! I saw it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen!"
"I never asked who gave the order! Because it had nothing to do with business!"


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
Keer wrote:
They look like they didn't kick enough ass last mission and now it's time for extra credit. The attitude is even in their helmets. How can you look sincerely happy through a visor that could shave dry ice? Keyop once chipped his sternum from nodding 'Yes' too eagerly. And they all just rolled their eyes at him! Ok, that didn't happen but it could have.


Oh, amen to all of that. I was so into those bird outfits as a kid that I wound up designing an entire series around cool armored suits with wings and bird masks, because hey, kids. So unoriginal.

But man, those guys are seriously so badass. I think I hate Robin by proxy, because after seeing G-Force, it's like, LOOK KID, this is what a kick-ass bird costume looks like. Okay? Now go back to the circus. Fuck, man, Keyop is modelled after a DUCK and he's fucking cooler than you. Get with the program.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 am 
Offline
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:16 pm
Posts: 7588
Location: Chicago / Aurora
So a hydrogen car is in the works.

some site wrote:
South Korean automaker Hyundai has announced plans to introduce a fuel-cell-powered version of its Hyundai Tucson compact SUV starting 2015


http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hydro ... 59951.html


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 8827
MrDooo wrote:
So a hydrogen car is in the works.

some site wrote:
South Korean automaker Hyundai has announced plans to introduce a fuel-cell-powered version of its Hyundai Tucson compact SUV starting 2015


http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hydro ... 59951.html


I can't remember, isn't hydrogen cheap and non-pollutional?


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:24 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
LL Cool Jabe wrote:
MrDooo wrote:
So a hydrogen car is in the works.

some site wrote:
South Korean automaker Hyundai has announced plans to introduce a fuel-cell-powered version of its Hyundai Tucson compact SUV starting 2015


http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hydro ... 59951.html


I can't remember, isn't hydrogen cheap and non-pollutional?


It turns into water when burned. The process to refine hydrogen in the issue. Just like electric. However its much easier to control pollution at a plant.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline
Alpha Monkey
Alpha Monkey
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:16 pm
Posts: 7588
Location: Chicago / Aurora
usatoday.com wrote:
Tesla tripling 'supercharger' locations

The automaker said Thursday that from eight stations now, six of which are in California, it will expand to 27 in the next few months. The "superchargers" will be situated next to busy highways connecting major cities. Texas and Illinois will both get two, Florida will get three and stations will be located in Colorado, Washington state and more on the East Coast.


http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2 ... ar/2373237


Is it time for a serious look yet, Shin?


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:23 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 8827
MrDooo wrote:
usatoday.com wrote:
Tesla tripling 'supercharger' locations

The automaker said Thursday that from eight stations now, six of which are in California, it will expand to 27 in the next few months. The "superchargers" will be situated next to busy highways connecting major cities. Texas and Illinois will both get two, Florida will get three and stations will be located in Colorado, Washington state and more on the East Coast.


http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2 ... ar/2373237


Is it time for a serious look yet, Shin?


Hanging out at a super charger station will be the new status symbol in society.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:58 am 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
MrDooo wrote:
Is it time for a serious look yet, Shin?


Not yet. It's more of a cost thing for me than practicality. I'd just be using it for a daily driver, and I could go 2 days without charging it even with the base model, so charging isn't my problem. My problem is right now the base model Tesla S still costs 3x more than I can afford for a car.

By the time the SUV hits in 2014 at $50k I MIGHT have enough money to buy that one (most likely not though), but when the sedan hits in 2015 or 2016 at $25k I will be first on the waiting list.

By 2020 they'll have an economy Tesla that will get 200 miles per charge and cost $15-18k. Then, charging station stories will be like opening a gas station: not even news.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
Zanshin wrote:
MrDooo wrote:
Is it time for a serious look yet, Shin?


Not yet. It's more of a cost thing for me than practicality. I'd just be using it for a daily driver, and I could go 2 days without charging it even with the base model, so charging isn't my problem. My problem is right now the base model Tesla S still costs 3x more than I can afford for a car.

By the time the SUV hits in 2014 at $50k I MIGHT have enough money to buy that one (most likely not though), but when the sedan hits in 2015 or 2016 at $25k I will be first on the waiting list.

By 2020 they'll have an economy Tesla that will get 200 miles per charge and cost $15-18k. Then, charging station stories will be like opening a gas station: not even news.


I'm kick of thinking that my first electric car and my first autonomous car will be the same car. I'd drive a model S no problems, but I'd rather spend half that on a very nice gas car right now. Maybe after my next car they'll finally have a couple of those battery breakthoughs to market and be producing electric cars at a reasonable price.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
"Launch" button

cool or lame?

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/what-does-t ... 59286.html

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
Interesting. IIRC M3's have had something similar for awhile, but its like some combo button press, not a big button.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 19751
States want to start taxing people with electric/hybrid cars to pay for highway/road/bridge maintenance etc, since money made from the gas tax has been going down...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/are- ... ml/?ref=YF

thoughts?

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:30 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 8827
Skull1 wrote:
States want to start taxing people with electric/hybrid cars to pay for highway/road/bridge maintenance etc, since money made from the gas tax has been going down...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/are- ... ml/?ref=YF

thoughts?


LAME


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:19 am
Posts: 6532
Yep. I know North Carolina is doing it. The state has to get their blood somehow.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:32 pm 
Offline
Silverback
Silverback
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: The Danger Zone
Yeah figures. They want their money.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
Skull1 wrote:
States want to start taxing people with electric/hybrid cars to pay for highway/road/bridge maintenance etc, since money made from the gas tax has been going down...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/are- ... ml/?ref=YF

thoughts?


I was waiting for a odometer based tax, with checkup come smog time. I don't have a problem with the change so long as they kill the current gas tax and shift to to a mile based approach. Just taxing specific types of car that way isn't the right way to do it.

_________________
Image


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 8827
They should get a credit for not adding to the pollution.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:19 am
Posts: 6532
TheRulesLawyer wrote:
Just taxing specific types of car that way isn't the right way to do it.


When has government ever chosen the right way to do anything. They choose the path that will most benefit government, not the people the government is supposed to serve.


Top
 


 Post subject: Re: CAR STUFF
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
Mad Monkey
Mad Monkey
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 4740
LL Cool Jabe wrote:
They should get a credit for not adding to the pollution.


They do. There was a huge tax credit for buying them in the first place.

_________________
Image


Top
 


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Home

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Board index » Mad Monkey Public Forums » Jibberish
All times are UTC - 6 hours   
Overrun by Effin Monkeys